At PEAK, we value a culture based on trust and strive to maintain a collaborative environment and a family-like atmosphere among our employees. We offer a fast-paced environment with stimulating work to challenge you and help you reach your full potential. Do you have a bold, entrepreneurial spirit? Put your ideas to work with us!
Come Make a Difference!
We are currently looking for a Systems Administrator who will manage our IT systems and plan future systems and networking projects.
As a System administrator, you are responsible for ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance. This is achieved by monitoring the whole infrastructure, and acting upon alerts or incidents. You will also be responsible for internal communications on any activities performed on the infrastructure, as well as unplanned downtime or degradation as well as the overall health of the monitoring system.
What you'll do
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software and network-related problems encountered by end-users
- Complete the installation, configuration and updates of hardware and standard applications (Office 365, Gsuite, Veeam, etc.)
- Maintain the network and infrastructure regarding configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures (security, routing/switching, servers, VMware, and in-house platforms.)
- Create and maintain actualized documentation regarding systems (inventory, patching, etc.)
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality
- Identify and apply corrective measures to prevent any type of service degradation or outage
- Initiate the incident management process in the cases where an incident cannot be prevented
- Perform thorough technical analysis of any incident on Microsoft, Linux, network infrastructure, and in-house systems and apply corrective measures
- Respond, prioritize and resolve any incident tickets and determine the exact impacts of an incident from the user stand-point
- Perform root cause analysis on on-going or past incidents and suggest corrective or preventive measures
- Communicate internally the impacts related to any incident or maintenance
- Escalate or liaise with other teams/departments when necessary in order to resolve an incident
- Identify service restoration, automation opportunities and apply automated response through scripted methods
What we’re looking for
- DEC in network administration or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in an infrastructure technical support role or in IT operations (NOC experience is highly recommended)
- Experience in Cloud technologies, End user support, monitoring tools and ticketing systems
- Experience with end user and infrastructure hardware
- Capacity to work both in French and English
Role success factors
- Be a team player & critical thinker
- Demonstrate ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux CLI
- General knowledge of some scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash)
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and simply on any kind of situation
- Ability to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly
Our purpose is to make a real difference in the lives of Canadians.
Our mission is to improve the quality of people’s lives through better use of their money.
PEAK is the Canadian leader in fully independent advice.
Since its founding in 1992, PEAK has consistently expanded its horizons and now has more than $10 billion in assets under administration.
With 1,500 Advisors, registered professionals and employees across Canada, PEAK has always maintained its leadership position, yet has never lost sight of its values and mission.
If you believe you have what it takes to thrive and succeed in the PEAK family, send us your resume at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.