At PEAK, we value a culture based on trust and strive to maintain a collaborative environment and a family-like atmosphere among our employees. We offer a fast-paced environment with stimulating work to challenge you and help you reach your full potential. Do you have a bold, entrepreneurial spirit? Put your ideas to work with us!
Come Make a Difference!
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
As a key member of our team you will collaborate with your colleagues to design, develop and deploy a high quality cloud service.
What you'll do
- Develop customer solutions through collaboration with our product, and customer experience experts
- Participate in full product lifecycle
- Have the opportunity to own and drive solutions to customer problems
- Write secure code for APIs, frontend, backend, web, mobile, partner integration
- Solve problems and integrate with partner development teams
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Deliver using agile, test driven design methodology
- Learn and adapt technologies to real problems
What we’re looking for
- 3 years+ of experience in a similar role
- Python, .Net, Angular, Node.js and front-end development frameworks
- Relational databases such as PostgresQL, MySQL
- Experience with event based systems (e.g RabbitMq, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience building cutting edge customer products
- Proficiency with Linux/UNIX command-line
Role success factors
- Autonomous and highly resourceful
- Love to own problems and drive solutions
- Git or other version control systems
- Building a RESTful API
- Heroku, AWS
- Security & Cryptography
- Experience in transactional solutions
Our purpose is to make a real difference in the lives of Canadians.
Our mission is to improve the quality of people’s lives through better use of their money.
PEAK is the Canadian leader in fully independent advice.
Since its founding in 1992, PEAK has consistently expanded its horizons and now has more than $10 billion in assets under administration.
With 1,500 Advisors, registered professionals and employees across Canada, PEAK has always maintained its leadership position, yet has never lost sight of its values and mission.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.